Our nursery provision offer is provided on a term time only basis and extends to a maximum of 34 hours in setting.
|breakfast club – 1 hour||morning – 3 hours||lunch – 1 hour||afternoon – 2 hours 15 minutes|
|Monday||8.00am to 9.00am||9.00am to 12.00pm||12.00pm to 1.00pm||1.00pm to 3.15pm|
|tuesday||8.00am to 9.00am||9.00am to 12.00pm||12.00pm to 1.00pm||1.00pm to 3.15pm|
|wednesday||8.00am to 9.00am||9.00am to 12.00pm||12.00pm to 1.00pm||1.00pm to 3.15pm|
|thursday||8.00am to 9.00am||9.00am to 12.00pm||12.00pm to 1.00pm||1.00pm to 3.15pm|
|friday||8.00am to 9.00am||9.00am to 12.00pm||12.00pm to 1.00pm||no nursery provision|
Parents have the flexibility of registering for an 8.00am, 9.00am, 12.00pm or 1.00pm start time on any day to access the sessions of their choice.
Children may be collected at the end of the morning session at 12.00pm, or after lunch at 1.00pm or at the end of the day at 3.15pm. Children may have a school lunch for the additional cost of £2.50 per day paid in advance on a weekly basis, bring a packed lunch or mix and match these options through the week. School lunches must be booked in advance for the term once the NYCC termly menu is available.
There will be an opportunity for pupils to attend breakfast club from 8:00am – 9:00am, Monday – Friday, or lunch and this can be accessed as part of the funded hours or separately at the hourly nursery rate of £4.80. In addition, families must pay the food costs for a school lunch, which are £2.50.
Breakfast Club and Lunchtime sessions will be supervised by a teaching assistant qualified in nursery provision. Morning and afternoon sessions will be led by a qualified teacher, an EYFS Advanced Teaching Assistant and a Teaching Assistant. Bookings will be required a half term in advance, and additional sessions may be available as required.
Children who would be eligible for Free School Meals are only eligible if they are attending nursery before and after lunch. This is means tested and more information can be found provided by the school.
Universal 15 hours childcare entitlement for three and four year olds.
All three and four-year-olds are entitled to funded early education and childcare for 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year. Your child can take up their funded place from the beginning of the term after their third birthday. The Government funding for your child’s funded entitlement is paid directly to the setting. In order for this to be paid your child must be attending their childcare setting on the ‘headcount day’ each term. We will inform parents when this is.
Extended 30 hours childcare entitlement for three and four year olds
The current funded childcare entitlement for three and four year olds is being increased from 15 to 30 hours per week for working parents, from September 2017. This change is to support working parents with the affordability of childcare and enable parents who want to work, or to work more hours, to do so.
Families in North Yorkshire who meet the eligibility criteria will be entitled to 30 hours funded childcare each week in term time or 1,140 funded hours stretched across the year.
The national eligibility criteria which families need to meet are:
• Both parents must be working (or the sole parent if in a lone parent family);
• Each parent must have a weekly minimum income equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or national living wage; and
• Each parent must have an income less than £100,000 per year.
You would also fit the criteria if:
• Both parents are employed but one (or both) is temporarily away from the workplace on maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave, or on statutory sick pay;
• One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring; or
• One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
Parent’s eligibility for the autumn term, starting in September 2017, will be checked using the HMRC online application system which is available at
More information is available on the North Yorkshire County Council website at:
Costs for additional hours above your entitlement
There is a charge of £4.80 per full hour (or pro rata per part hour) for additional hours taken at the nursery above a child’s core entitlement. This is invoiced on a weekly basis on ParentPay. Parents will still need to pay for the cost of additional hours that have been booked but not attended.
When can my child start?
Your child can start at our nursery on the day they turn 3. The free funding will not start until the first day of the term after they have turned 3 but parents have the option of the paying the ‘additional hours’ rate of £4.80 per hour should they wish their child to start as they turn 3. This will be invoiced on a weekly basis to be paid on ParentPay.
Making your choice
Families are requested to select their choice of funded sessions (15 or 30 hour entitlement) when your child starts Nursery (in the autumn, spring or summer term) and these will remain in place for the academic year. Sessions that have been booked but not attended cannot be carried forward to another date. In exceptional circumstances, the school will consider, on an individual basis, any requests to change sessions at the end of each term and the decision will depend on current availability.
Families may request additional sessions (to their 15 or 30 hour entitlement) and these are to be agreed before the start of each term and will remain in place for that term. Parents will then be invited to reapply for additional hours for the following term, subject to availability. Sessions that have been booked but not attended cannot be carried forward to another date.
In order to maintain quality provision, the school reserves the right to preserve a balance of numbers across sessions which may, at times, result in families not receiving all of their preferred choice of sessions.
We recognise that our Nursery children will get muddy, wet or even covered in food during the day and we want our children to wear comfortable clothing so they can play without restriction and get changed easily if needed.
The uniform will be:
Girls & Boys Uniform
Navy embroidered school polo shirt
Black or grey trousers
Navy embroidered school jumper or cardigan
Optional for summer, black or grey shorts, skirt or a gingham check dress
Black shoes, not trainers (with Velcro, not laces) & wellies
We would recommend not wearing pinafores, skirts and tights in winter as they are particularly difficult to change if your child becomes wet.
What do I need to do now?
If you are still interested in your child attending our nursery, then this is what you need to do:
1. Access the ChildCare Choices website to see if your family is eligible for the 30 hours extended entitlement. Register for the funding and copy the unique 11-digit reference number onto our registration form, together with your National Insurance Number.
2. Return the registration form to school as soon as possible, requesting which sessions you would like your child to access.
3. Detail on the form which will be your funded hours (either 15 or 30) which will remain unchanged through the year and select any additional hours which are bookable for the term.
4. Complete a ‘Child Record Form’ and return this to school with your registration form.
5. School will respond with a ‘Parental Agreement’ form, confirming the sessions that can be offered and asking families to commit to a place. At this point, we will be asking families to confirm their lunch requirements too.